How to Cope With Your Relationships and Anxieties
|LA Fashion Judge
By: Stan Popovich
Some people get anxious or depressed when their relationships do not work out. They sometimes beat themselves up and do not know what to do to make things better.
Here are some ideas on what to do when your relationships do not work out.
- Make the best of your situation whether you are alone or in a relationship. If you are happy in your current relationship then take of advantage of that. If you are alone, make the best with your situation. The key is to be happy whether you are alone or with someone else.
- Remember that being a relationship with someone doesn’t mean that you have to marry the person. There are all kinds of relationships. There are friendships, dating relationships, more serious relationships, and others. Find the type of relationships that make you feel comfortable and go from there.
- Develop a network of friends and establish some hobbies. This will increase your chances of meeting people and will make you happy when you are by yourself. Join the local volleyball team or go to the gym. This is a lot better than staying home and being depressed over the disappointments of your last relationship.
- Do not assume anything. Some people will tend to give up when they struggle with their anxieties and stresses. Just because things are not going well doesn’t mean that you will never get better. Do not assume that your situation is hopeless.
- Learn from your mistakes in your past relationships. It takes practice and a lot of effort to maintain a successful relationship. Try to learn what you did right and what you need to improve on. If you still have trouble, then talk to a professional who can give you additional advice.
- Do not try to determine what may or may not happen later on. Just focus on the present and do not look too far ahead. Take care of today’s problems and don’t focus down the road. Tomorrow’s problems will take care of themselves. Use your energy to deal with today’s problems.
If you still have trouble in dealing with the stress and fears of a relationship, then talk to a counselor. A counselor can provide much helpful advice on how to handle your fears and anxieties. He or she will also work with you as long as it will take for you to feel comfortable in managing your stresses and anxieties.
Getting professional help can lead to ways on how you can manage your fears and anxieties. A counselor can give you many ideas on how you can overcome your fears. The important thing is that you listen to what they have to say and follow through with their suggestions.
Most counselors and psychologists know of ways to get rid of your fears. They can recommend certain treatments that will make you feel a lot better. The only way you will get access to these treatments is if you go talk to a counselor. Ask your primary care physician if he or she knows anyone that can help you.